There are many reasons to consider adult orthodontics. Maybe you had braces when you were younger and are no longer happy with the results, you weren’t able to receive treatment as a child, or your teeth have shifted with age. Whatever the reason, clear aligners can help anyone achieve the straight smile of their dreams.
There is no age limit for braces
While many people associate braces with adolescents, teeth straightening for adults is one of the most in-demand cosmetic dental services. Best yet, with clear aligners now available, adult braces are almost a thing of the past.
Made from transparent medical grade plastic and moulded to fit your teeth snugly, clear aligners offer a discreet, comfortable, convenient, and affordable way to straighten your teeth as an older adult.
Straight My Teeth help many adult patients, including those who:
- Were unable to access orthodontic treatment as a teen – braces were almost prohibitively expensive in years gone by, especially in multi-children households. This meant some families had to forgo treatment altogether, while others only considered it for more severe cases.
- Decided not to get braces earlier because of social stigma. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, many people wish they’d spent that year or two getting orthodontic treatment when they were younger.
- Had orthodontic treatment, like braces, previously but no longer like the results. This could be caused by not wearing retainers as recommended or simply because our teeth move as we age.
- Have developed a desire for straighter teeth after experiencing changes to their teeth throughout their lifetime.
Whatever your reason, most older people are just like you—looking to straighten their teeth because of their crooked smile. Though nothing to be ashamed of, a crooked smile can affect confidence and makes them feel self-conscious. Sadly, this fact is no longer surprising when you consider that according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 99% of adults believe a bright smile is their most important asset.
Why clear aligners are the clear choice
In years gone by, orthodontic treatment has been associated with high costs and high levels of discomfort. Many people wouldn’t even call it short term pain for long term gain.
Nowadays, when considering adult orthodontics, there are other factors to weigh up. For some people, it can still be a significant chunk out of the family budget (but payment plans can help with this), and busy lifestyles make it hard to fit in dental appointments. It’s also a little awkward to be thinking about having braces once you’re older.
When it comes to teeth straightening for adults, clear aligners are an excellent choice because:
- Clear aligners are almost undetectable. The retainer style trays are moulded to fit your teeth perfectly, and as they are made from clear plastic, most people won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- Clear aligners work by gently applying pressure to your teeth, which means there’s not as much discomfort as you may associate with traditional orthodontic treatments like braces.
- Straight My Teeth let you complete the whole process from your own home, which means you don’t need to fit extra appointments for yourself into the family schedule.
- Even though there are no ongoing appointments with Straight My Teeth, you’re also never alone through the process. There is a team of dentists and trained professionals ready to assist you at every step of the way. Video blogger Rachel Ward has even posted her experience to YouTube to help you get an actual consumer’s insight into the process.
- You can still eat and drink normally because clear aligners are designed to be removed and put back in as required. You do need to wear them for up to 22 hours a day unless you are a candidate for NightOnly clear aligners, but they’re easy to pop in and out of your mouth at mealtimes and when you need to brush your teeth.
- It’s usually a faster treatment time. You may complete your teeth straightening journey as quickly as four months after first using clear aligners. Results vary from patient to patient, and the estimated duration will be explained to you during your assessment and recommendation.
- It’s affordable. Clear aligners from Straight My Teeth are under £1000, and payment plans are available. You may even be eligible for discounts or special offers that bring the price down even further. Dentaly.org even endorsed the fact that the lower prices offered by Straight My Teeth don’t impact service or results, you can read more about that here.
Whether you are 25, 50 or 75, there are no age restrictions for clear aligners or adult orthodontics. As long as you have your own teeth in your mouth, you can still straighten your teeth as an older adult.
Make today the day you decide to straighten your teeth. Adult orthodontics don’t need hours spent in the dental clinic. You can complete our 30-second obligation-free online assessment right now to see if you’re a candidate for clear aligners from Straight My Teeth. Order yours now.
7 Most Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments. (2017, November 14). Your Dentistry Guide. Retrieved November 2, 2021, from https://www.yourdentistryguide.com/ss-cosmetic-dentistry/
Straight My Teeth Review: Cost, Process and Results. (2021, October 28). Dentaly.Org. Retrieved November 2, 2021, from https://www.dentaly.org/en/braces-for-adults/straight-my-teeth/
Medically Reviewed by
Dr. Kishor Kumar Pradhan