Mouth is a busy place and is full of bacteria and cavities from eating various foods throughout the day. Some of these bacteria can affect the teeth and gums. Bacterial growth that gradually destroy the tissue surrounding and supporting the teeth can lead to gum disease problems. Some of the symptoms that can be considered as the warning sign for your gums have been listed:
- Colourless sticky film called plague can be the cause of your gum disease.
- Plague can build up on the teeth and can cause irritation to the gums.
- If left unchecked for a longer period of time bone and connective tissue can be destroyed.
- The bone that surrounds and supports your teeth can be affected by the inflammation of the gum line.
- Gums that recede or move away from the tooth can make the teeth loose and they may have to be removed with lot of pain and discomfort.
- Gums can become red and swollen.
- Gums can bleed during and after brushing your teeth.
- Shifting teeth can increase the risk of losing your teeth.
You can prevent gum disease by maintaining good oral hygiene everyday in the form of brushing and flossing. Professional cleanings twice a year and regular dental checkups can help your teeth stay healthy for a longer period of time.
Begin your teeth straightening journey with a 6 month prior dental checkup or a visit at our smile clinic. To know more start with a Free Assessment now.